Fire in Paris – level 2
There was a fire in a building in Paris last week. Eight or more people died and nearly 30 people were injured.
The fire broke out in the 16th Paris district, which is a calm and wealthy part of the city. More than 200 firefighters were on the scene. They put out the fire and evacuated people.
The police still do not know the cause of the fire. However, they arrested one woman who lived in the building.
Difficult words: break out (start), district (an area, a part of a city), wealthy (rich people live there).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos