Firenado Melts Fire Hose – level 2
In British Columbia, Canada, firefighters were fighting a fire when a firenado picked up their hose. It lifted it 100 feet into the air and then melted it. The fire was one of many wildfires happening.
A firenado or fire whirl happens when wind, heat from fire, and hot ground temperatures mix together. The mix creates air that moves upwards and pulls in fire, ash, and debris.
Difficult words: firenado (a wind storm that forms from wind and fire), melt (make soft or turn to liquid – something like water), whirl (when air moves in circles very quickly, tornado), debris (small pieces of things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.