First Aid in Acid Attack – level 3
Attacks using corrosive liquids are on the rise across the UK, arguably because unlike guns and large knives, they are easy to obtain and legal to keep. Penalties for an acid attack can be lighter, as well.
Acid burns are extremely painful and leave the victim scarred for life. On the Internet, there is a video on what to do if you witness an acid attack. It is essential to act quickly to dilute the acid. Run to the nearest source of water and get ahold of as much as 60 litres of water. Use only clean water, as dirty water can cause severe infection.
Remove all jewellery and clothing that had contact with the acid and keep washing the victim for up to 45 minutes until the burning sensation stops. Do not apply any kind of cream to the affected area and get the victim to a hospital burns unit.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.