First class travel – level 1
First-class cabins are starting to look like small hotel rooms. They have sofas, double beds, televisions, desks, wardrobes, minibars, and sometimes even showers.
Airlines are spending a lot of money on these things. The economy is not doing well and prices are going up. But airlines need to make money. They lose very much money during the pandemic. They hope that people who cannot travel during Covid-19 will be okay to pay more for a fancy flying experience. Some people who go on vacation are booking flights in business or first class. They want to enjoy their holiday after a long time.
A German airline Lufthansa is spending $2.7 billion to make its long flights more comfortable. Qantas Airways also has a new, fancy first-class section.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other airlines are investing in luxurious first-class cabins?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.