First COVID-19 Vaccine – level 3
Russia is the first country to officially register a COVID-19 vaccine and declare it ready for use. However, experts are deeply skeptical because of little public safety evidence and the rushed testing process.
The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, said that the vaccine underwent the necessary tests and it has proven efficient. Putin also confirmed that one of his daughters had already received it. Russia’s Health Ministry said that the vaccine is expected to provide immunity for up to two years.
However, scientists are concerned about rushing to use a vaccine before all trials are completed. They typically last for months and they involve thousands of people. Experts say that providing vaccines without proper testing can create a false sense of security or undermine trust in vaccines if they do not prove effective.
Difficult words: skeptical (not convinced), prove (to show the truth or existence of something), immunity (when you cannot get sick from a sickness because your body is used to the sickness), undermine (to make something less strong).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.