Flight MH17 Criminals – level 3
Someone shot down the Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014. All 298 people on board died.
Now, international investigators charged four men with murder of the people. Police issued national and international arrest warrants for one Ukrainian and three Russian nationals last Wednesday.
The criminal trial is set to begin in March 2020. The investigators say that they will move forward with the trial even if the suspects are not present, which will likely be the case. The prosecutors also say that they will not ask for extradition, since Ukraine and Russia do not extradite nationals.
Difficult words: arrest warrant (a document from a lawyer or a country which says that police can arrest somebody), prosecutors (the people who take legal action against somebody), extradition (the act of extraditing somebody – giving a criminal to another country’s court).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos