Floods in France – level 3
Several months’ worth of rain fell in one night in southwestern France which led to flash floods, and streams became a raging torrents that washed away roads.
Schools were closed and local authorities are urging people to stay at home. Thirteen lives have been lost in the floods – four deaths were clustered around the town of Villegailhenc.
Difficult words: flash flood (a sudden local flood), stream (a small river), raging (very powerful), torrent (a lot of fast-moving water), urge (ask strongly), clustered (positioned).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos