Floods in Vietnam – level 3
Vietnam often experiences severe storms and sees several deaths annually from floods, but the latest death toll is one of the highest ever recorded due to flooding.
This year, floods have submerged over 16,000 homes, with the Yen Bai and How Bing provinces worst hit. Thousands are homeless and almost 40 people have died while 40 are missing. 200,000 people are under orders to evacuate.
Difficult words: annually (every year), death toll (the number of dead people), due to (because of), submerge (go under water).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos