Food for Yemen – level 2
The United Nations sends food to Yemen to help its people. Sadly, not all of the food gets to them. CNN did an investigation which found out that Houthi rebels are stealing the food.
People say that around $15 million worth of food is stolen every month and that children are dying because of this. The UN is trying to negotiate with the Houthi leaders. If the talks are not successful, the UN can stop sending food to Yemen. However, they would still help children and women.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.