Football Team Changes Name – level 1
The Washington Redskins is an American football team. The team has a logo. A logo is a picture that represents the team. The logo is a head of Native American inside a yellow circle.
Some people are not happy with the team’s name. Native Americans do not like the logo. Native Americans say that the team’s name is rude. Some companies want to stop business with the team. Now, the team must change its logo and name, too.
The team’s coach says that the team will change its name and logo soon. The new name will honor soldiers and Native Americans.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.