Galaxies Meet – level 2
An incredible image, which was taken in 2009 by the Hubble Space Telescope, has been released.
A galaxy moves through a cluster of galaxies, and it is being ripped apart. It happens near the Great Attractor. This is a region in space around 200 million light years away from Earth.
Scientists study the images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope for years because the images are very complex. The telescope has been taking pictures of space since 1990.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some of the important discoveries made through studying images from the Hubble Space Telescope?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.