Giorgia Meloni and migration – level 3
After a year in power, Italy’s far-right prime minister Giorgia Meloni hasn’t fulfilled her promise to halt illegal migration. However, she’s become influential in Europe’s immigration discussions.
Italy is a key location for migration to Europe, and the numbers have been increasing. If EU leaders don’t find solutions, Meloni plans to use the immigration issue to gain support for her far-right allies in the upcoming EU elections. Over time, she has shed some of her controversial image and gained popularity for bringing stability, even among left-leaning individuals. However, her transformation remains unclear to many. Meloni has adopted a more pragmatic stance in Europe, supporting Ukraine and advocating for deals in Africa, including immigration issues. She has formed new international relationships, including with Joe Biden and Volodymyr Zelenskiy, while also deepening ties with far-right allies like Viktor Orbán in Hungary.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What role has Giorgia Meloni's transformation played in the migration issues currently facing Europe?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.