Girl Is Healthy Again – level 2
Joey Martin is fifteen years old, and she loves soccer. About eight months ago, she started to have headaches. At first, doctors told her that it was migraines. However, later, they found out that it was a brain tumor.
Joey got scared, and she imagined the long and difficult therapy that she would have to have. However, scientists work hard to find better and more effective ways to work with cancer. Now scientists are able to cut off the blood supply to the tumor. Such therapy makes the tumor smaller, and the therapy does not have so many side effects.
During the therapy, Joey´s hope was to play soccer again. It helped her get better faster. Last month, her hope came true, and she could enjoy another game.
Difficult words: migraine (a big headache that happens a lot, and it can make a person feel very sick), tumor (when a part of the body starts to grow without control), side effect (an effect of a drug or therapy that is usually unpleasant).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that rugby should have tackling?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.