Google Speakers – level 1
The company Google has a special device. It is called Google Home. People have special speakers in their homes from Google.
Google makes some changes in the software of Google Home. Software is a special program that an electronic device uses. People start to get notifications from the speakers. The speakers can hear noise in people’s homes. Usually, the speakers can hear a smoke alarm or glass breaking.
Some people worry that the speakers can hear everything in their homes. Google apologizes for the mistake. Google changes the software again. Now, the speakers cannot hear anything.
However, Google has more problems with privacy. Google collects information about its customers. This is information about what people buy and what they are interested in. Google uses this information to send people specific ads. These ads bring Google more money.
Difficult words: notification (official information about something), privacy (the idea that you people do not need to know things about you), ad (an abbreviation for “advertisement;” a picture, sign, or video about a product that makes people buy the product).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos