Google Speakers – level 3
Google has admitted that its smart speaker can detect everyday noises in people’s homes.
People who have the Google Home device reported that they got notifications from the speaker when it picked up background noises like a smoke alarm or glass breaking.
Google accidentally introduced this feature during a software update, and the company says that the feature has been disabled. However, there are already privacy concerns related to how Google makes money by selling targeted ads using data that the company gets on users.
Recently, Google announced that a security company, in which Google owns 7% stake, will begin using Google’s internet-connected cameras as a part of its customers’ security systems.
Difficult words: disabled (put out of action), targeted ad (an adsthat is based on the consumer’s previous buying history or behavior), stake (a financial share in a business).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos