Google’s newest campus – level 3
Google showed its plans for the future of work at its new campus in Silicon Valley, California.
The 93,000-square-meter campus features two office buildings and one event building, and around 40,000 employees will work there. The campus and its three buildings are Google’s first buildings from the ground up.
They are going to provide new hybrid ways of working, that would require employees to work in the offices a few times a week. The company wanted to rethink the nature of a workplace and how it can make buildings and structures that people will love and use for decades.
According to Google, sustainability is key to the campus. 90,000 silver solar panels on the roof generate up to 40% of the offices’ energy needs. Automated window shades let in natural lighting, and a ventilation system uses 100% outside air.
Difficult words: from the ground up (from the beginning), hybrid (a combination of two different things), sustainability (the production of things without damage to the environment).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos