Gorillas Get Coronavirus – level 2
Gorillas at a zoo in San Diego, California, US, had positive tests for the coronavirus. It was the first time that this happened in the US and maybe in the world, too.
A person who worked at the zoo had a positive test for the coronavirus, but he did not have any symptoms. He continued working at the zoo, and he wore a mask when he was near the gorillas. It seems that the gorillas got the virus from him.
The director of the zoo said that the animals were feeling well, and they did not have serious health problems. They got vitamins, food, and plenty of water. It was not necessary to give them any medicine.
Gorillas live in groups and there are not very many of them in the world. Scientists worry that the coronavirus could reduce the number of gorillas in the world even more.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.