Greece Gets Tourists – level 1
Greece is a country in Europe. Many tourists visit it every year. Last year, Greece gets more than $19 billlion from tourism.
Now, the situation is different. Many countries around the world have difficult rules about traveling. Airlines are canceling their flights. People cannot travel. It is bad for travel companies, hotels, and restaurants.
Greece has a new idea. The country starts a website. The website is for tourists. It is very interesting and attractive. There are videos and articles about Greece. They show Greek history, culture, or famous people.
Greece hopes that tourists like the website. The Greek government’s tourism organization hopes that tourists come back when the coronavirus pandemic ends.
Difficult words: tourism (when people visit different places for a holiday or business), tourist (a person who travels for a holiday or business), attractive (very interesting and pleasant), pandemic (when there is a disease in many countries).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.