Greece Gets Tourists – level 2
Greece is a popular tourist destination. Last year, the country got more than $19 billion dollars from tourism; however, the coronavirus changed everything.
Many countries introduce travel restrictions, which affected airlines, people, and places that depend on tourism.
Greece found a way to stay attractive for tourists. The country launched a website with videos and content from Greek history, culture, or celebrities. The website also cooperates with Google, and it offers free training on digital marketing skills.
The Greek Tourism Ministry thinks that virtual tourism can attract tourists, and they can visit the country when travel restrictions end.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.