Hamas and Israel fight – level 3
In Gaza, a man said he saw a building fall down after an Israeli airstrike hit it, and he saw many women and children leave the building. He said they were all civilians.
Saud Abu Ramadan of Bloomberg News reported Israeli war planes had bombed areas around Gaza after militants fired dozens of rockets towards Israel. He also said people were worried that the tension will lead to a large-scale military operation.
The reporter added the streets are also empty due to the holiday Eid Al Fitr which comes at the end of the fasting month in Ramadan. He said that people hope Israel will make a truce with the militant groups in Gaza such as Hamas.
Israel claimed that it is shooting at military facilities, and Hamas is hiding these targets in civilian areas.
Difficult words: airstrike (to shoot from the air), civilian (a normal person who is not a soldier), militant (a soldier from a group that is not part of a government), truce (an agreement to make peace).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.