Harassment at UN – level 2
The United Nations is an international organisation. It says that it promotes positive things like peace and security.
However, 17 per cent of the UN employees (30,000 people) took an online survey about sexual harassment. A third of those people (10,000 people) said that they were sexually harassed in the past two years. More than a half of the harassed people were harassed at the work place.
Difficult words: promote (support, do something so that there is more of it), employee (worker), survey (a set of questions to find out what people think), sexual harassment (the act of harassing somebody sexually – doing something sexual that they do not like).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.