Healthcare workers and COVID-19 vaccine – level 2
New York City authorities gaved an order last month that all healthcare workers had to receive at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot by September 27.
Last week, there were around 15% of healthcare workers who did not get the vaccine. Some workers refused because of health or religion. Then, New York hospitals fired or suspended these workers. As a result, it was necessary to stop surgeries or have less services.
Officials said that there were other areas in New York State where the situation was even worse. It was possible that the state would ask military healthcare workers for help if the situation got worse.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.