Help for blind people – level 2
A Swiss company developed a device which helps people who are partly or completely blind.
One of the company founders and CEO is named Mael Fabien. He got the idea about the device when he saw that some people couldn’t easily cross the street when bikes or electric cars passed them. They couldn’t hear them well.
Fabien thought about robots which could already solve these problems. He wanted to use similar technology to autonomous cars. Then the idea was born to make the device.
The device sends sounds to the user and when an obstacle is in the way, the sounds get louder. People can buy this device in September this year, and it’ll cost $3,150.
Difficult words: blind (a person who can’t see), autonomous car (a car which drives itself), obstacle (a thing that is in the way).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos