Horse-Boarding – level 3
Russian thrill-seekers found a way to pass time with the extreme weather: horse-boarding. These adventurers tether themselves to horses which drag them through the snow.
The man who pioneered the sport said that he was looking for new and exciting ways to get a thrill. He tried to get the same effect with a car, a motorcycle and a snowmobile, but these vehicles could not get into the areas that he wanted to go.
The man said that the mountains or slopes cannot get bigger, but the pulling force can. A Russian horse rider was willing to lend her stallion named Vulcan to the cause.
The horse-boarders do not plan to commercialise their innovation yet, so for now, it is horsing about!
Difficult words: tether (tie something onto something else), pioneer (invent), pulling force (how hard something can pull), commercialise (make money), innovation (an invention), horse about (play, be silly).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.