Horses Can Read Emotions – level 3
In new research, scientists showed horses photographs of human faces, and they discovered that horses can distinguish between angry and happy faces and react accordingly.
The scientists fitted the horses with heart monitors which revealed that angry faces cause their heart rates to rise significantly.
Riders from a club in London also say that there is a special relationship between humans and horses. If you approach a horse and you are happy and relaxed, then the horse will be relaxed, too, and will help you. When you are not having a great day, the horse can make you feel much better.
The riders also said that the horses make people aware of their own emotions because they react to them.
Difficult words: distinguish (tell the difference), accordingly (appropriately), significantly (a lot), approach (come to).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
How do you think horses understand our faces?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos