Hotel Falls Down – level 1
A hotel in China falls down. There are 71 people inside the hotel. They are in quarantine. They must stay inside. It is possible that they have coronavirus.
At least 26 people die in the accident. Many people must go to hospital. Officials do not know why the hotel falls down.
Firefighters search the rubble. They want to find all people. They hear somebody knock. They find a man in the rubble. The man is alive. They rescue him 69 hours after the accident. The man is 24 years old. Now he is in hospital. His health condition is good.
Difficult words: quarantine (when sick people or people who may be sick stay inside, and they cannot go outside and meet other people), rubble (pieces of stones, brick and dust that are on the ground when a building falls down), health condition (how healthy somebody is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.