Hotel Guests Information – level 2
The Marriott hotel chain said that somebody hacked one of its systems. The system contained information about customers´ names, addresses and phone numbers.
There were also details about special services for loyal customers and airline information. Luckily, the system did not contain information about credit cards and passwords.
Marriott said that the hack could affect about 5.2 million guests, and the company is now sending emails to them. It is possible that the hack started in January; however, Marriott learned about it almost one month later.
In 2018, hackers got into Marriott´s reservations database which contained personal information of almost 500 million guests.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.