How companies store things – level 2
In the past, it was usual that companies kept enough material and products in stock. This way they could easily work with any market changes.
That idea changed in the 1970s. Taiichi Ohno was a Japanese engineer and businessman. When he worked for the company Toyota, he came up with a new system, which saved the company a lot of money. Toyota ordered only the material and parts that it needed at that time.
The system worked very well, and many other companies started to use it, too. Then problems came if materials came late, or if it was necessary to make too many products in a short time.
This problem happened during the pandemic, too, and it was the reason why many companies closed down for some time. Some companies already started to increase their stock as they were afraid of similar problems in the future.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.