How old is the Moon? – level 1
It is the year 1972. People go to the moon. It is the Apollo 17 mission.
Astronauts bring back some rocks. Now, scientists look at tiny rocks called zircon. Scientists say that the moon is older than we believe. It is over 4 billion years old. A long time ago, something big hits Earth. This is how the moon starts to exist. Scientists use a special method to know how old the rocks are. It is important to know the moon’s age. It helps us understand our planet better.
The moon helps Earth stay steady and good for living. It also affects the weather in the oceans. People like the moon and want to explore space.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What new discoveries about the moon could be made by exploring space?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.