Ice Bath – level 1
Wim Hof comes from the Netherlands. People call him the Iceman. Hof swims under ice. He climbs the highest mountain in Africa in shorts.
Wim Hof bathes in ice. He writes books about it. He creates the Wim Hof Method. This method is about breathing, ice bathing, and mental training.
Before you bathe in ice, you must breathe correctly. Then you stay in ice. You meditate during this time. When you meditate, you become calm and relaxed. You feel happier.
Ice bathing is very good for your body. You become healthier and stronger. You sleep better. You will feel and look younger.
Difficult words: shorts (short trousers or pants), method (how you do something), mental (connected to your mind and thinking).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos