In the Middle of a River – level 2
Two children were stranded on a piece of ice on a frozen river in eastern Russia. In the beginning, people could not get to the children, but they called a hovercraft and it saved the children.
The children were fine. People then handed them over to the police to find out where they live.
People were told to be careful, and they were warned about the ice on the river. The ice is still dangerously thin.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Has this ever happened to you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.