India parliament incident – level 1
An unpleasant incident happens in India’s parliament. Two people go inside. They released yellow smoke. They shout.
Police and security quickly catch the men. They also arrest two more people outside the building. One man is a student. He protests against unemployment.
Both houses of the parliament stop work. The incident scares many people. It happens on the 22nd anniversary of a 2001 attack on the parliament. Gunmen kill nine officers. India blames another group from Pakistan. The incident causes more problems with Pakistan.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What was the reason for the protest at India's parliament on 15-12-2023, and what impact did it have on relations with Pakistan?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.