India Plane Crash – level 1
On Friday evening, a plane crashes at an airport in India.The airport is very big and famous. Many international planes land there. However, heavy rains are in India now. It is typical summer weather in the country.
The plane wants to land. However, it is too dangerous. The pilots decide not to land. They must try again.
This time, the plane slides on the runway. A lot of water is on the runway. The plane crashes. The plane breaks into two pieces.
Luckily, no fire starts. Rescuers can take the passengers out. 18 people die in the accident. More than 150 people have serious problems.
Difficult words: international (something that relates to more countries), typical (usual), slide (to move on something smooth, often without control).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos