Indian couple want a grandchild – level 3
A retired Indian couple are suing their son and daughter-in-law, and they are demanding a grandchild.
According to the couple’s lawyer, they demand either a grandson or granddaughter within one year or 50 million Indian rupees ($ 675,000). The couple claim that they’ve looked after their son, and they spent all their life’s savings on his education. Their son became a pilot, and pilot training in the US costs 3.5 million Indian rupees.
The grandfather said that, at his age, he needed a grandchild; however, his son’s attitude showed he didn’t think of his parents’ situation.
Despite being married for six years, the man pursued his career as a pilot, and he didn’t start a family of his own. The older couple believe that they didn’t get the love and affection that they deserved.
Difficult words: attitude (thoughts or feelings about something), pursue (to follow or continue with an action, plan, and so on), affection (feelings of care for someone or something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos