Indonesia Plane Crash – level 3
An Indonesia airline Boeing 737 500 crashed into the sea four minutes after taking off from Indonesia’s capital ,Jakarta.
It was a domestic flight and the plane was flying to the neighboring island of Borneo. The plane disappeared off radar screens; however, Indonesia’s navy found its coordinates and dispatched search and rescue vessels.
According to the flight tracking service, the plane apparently lost more than three kilometers of altitude in less than a minute. Rescue teams started scouring wreckage of the crashed plane for the black boxes. The head of rescue efforts said that the focus will be on finding the bodies of the victims and that chances of finding survivors were fading.
Two years ago, Indonesia saw another deadly crash when a faulty Boeing 737 MAX killed all passengers and crew on board.
Difficult words: coordinates (numbers that indicate the position of something), vessel (a ship or large boat), scour (to clean or wash by scrubbing something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos