Instagram for children – level 2
Politicians in 44 US states and territories told Facebook’s boss to stop plans to make a version of Instagram for children. They wrote a letter that said social media is hurtful to children who do not know how to handle the challenges of social media.
They also said that Facebook has not protected children in the past when they made a version of Facebook Messenger for children. They said that children were able to chat with strangers who their parents did not approve.
Facebook said that it was exploring the idea of Instagram for children, that it would protect their safety and privacy, and that it would not show advertising.
Difficult words: territory (a place that a country owns but it is less official than a state), approve (to say that it is OK to do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos