International Day of Yoga – level 3
Millions around the world celebrated the International Day of Yoga on Wednesday June 21st, which is also the day of the summer solstice, the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
The physical, mental and spiritual practice originated in ancient India, and in India alone, tens of thousands joined Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a yoga session. Yoga is a great way to keep fit, relax and get some space from life’s distractions for many people.
The United Nations General Assembly in December 2014 declared Yoga Day unanimously.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.