Iran and Saudi Arabia talks – level 2
In 2016, Saudi Arabia and Iran cut ties after a dispute over the killing of a Muslim cleric. Since that time, the relations between the two countries were very unfriendly and it brought problems and instability in the Middle East.
On Friday, Iran and Saudi Arabia agreed to talk again to keep the region stable and safe. The two countries previously talked in China, but only now, there is a good result from their talks. Both countries agreed to respect each other and not to involve in each other’s problems.
Both countries agreed to cooperate and to do business together again. Chinese officials said that the deal was important for peace and that China would continue to help solve the world’s problems.
Difficult words: cut ties (to end a relationship with someone), dispute (a conflict), instability (when something is not firm and it can change), peace (the time with no war).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the potential implications of the new agreement between Iran and Saudi Arabia for the Middle East region?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos