Iran Kills Protesters – level 2
The Iranian government increased gas prices by 300 percent which lead to many protests in the country. Reports say that Iran murdered more than 1,000 people since November.
The Iranian government stopped the Internet and blocked most foreign news agencies that reported about the violence during the protests.
The US supports the Iranian people and wants to help them. A US official asked people on Twitter to send videos and photos that show Iran’s violence.
US officials say that Iran hurt thousands of protesters and put at least 7,000 people in prison. They ask Iran to free all protesters and political prisoners.
Difficult words: increase (to make something higher), violence (an action during which somebody hurts or kills somebody else), support (to help).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos