Iran Nuclear Program – level 2
The Iranian government made an agreement with other countries not to work on nuclear weapons. In 2018, the US pulled out of the agreement.
Last year, Iran worked with enriched uranium. It said that it would do more work if it did not get relief from sanctions.
Recently, the US killed an important Iranian general, and now people are worried that Iran will restart the work on its nuclear program as revenge. However, Iran does not have enough enriched uranium to make a nuclear weapon yet.
Difficult words: pull out (leave), enriched uranium (uranium is a special metal; if you enrich it by adding other things to it, you can make things such as a weapon), relief from sanctions (stop a punishment on a country, such as let the country get help or trade with other countries).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos