Iranian Army and USA – level 2
Last Monday, the USA officially called Iran’s army a foreign terrorist organisation. This is the first time that America called another country’s army ‘terrorists’.
Trump said this sends Iran a message that its support for terrorism has serious effects. The American government was thinking of doing this for years. In 2007, it called a part of the Iranian army terrorists. This group operates internationally.
Before the American government officially gave the news, Iranians said that this was ‘inappropriate and idiotic’. They also promised to react.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.