Iranian Army and USA – level 3
The USA designated Iran’s army as a foreign terrorist organisation last Monday. This was the first time that America had given such a name to another country’s military.
Trump said that the action sends a clear message to Tehran that its support for terrorism has serious consequences. The US government had been thinking of doing this for years. In 2007, it did so for an Iranian military group which operates internationally.
Before the American government officially gave the news, Iranian lawmakers called it ‘inappropriate and idiotic’ and promised to react.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.