Israeli Government Problems – level 2
The Israeli president said that he wants politician Benny Gantz to make a new Israeli government, which puts Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in jeopardy.
Gantz and Netanyahu are political enemies. This decision happened after three elections failed to make a new government, and the three men met to work on this issue.
Netanyahu belongs to a political party which won the most seats in the March 2nd election, but it did not get control of the government. The other parties have a majority of 62 seats. They recommended Gantz to be the next prime minister. However, this support is fragmented.
Difficult words: in jeopardy (at risk, in danger), seat (a member in a group in a government; your group is more powerful if it has more seats), majority (a large group), fragmented (in pieces, weak).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.