Israel’s Prime Minister – level 1
People in Israel vote. The Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is probably going to be leader again.
In Israel, people vote for political parties. They do not vote for specific people. There are two big political parties. There are some smaller parties, too. Some people vote for the small parties. They get into the parliament. Some of these parties like Netanyahu. This helps him. Some people say that he does bad things as a leader. The new party can help him.
President Trump talks about Netanyahu. He says there can be peace between Israel and Palestine if Netanyahu is the leader.
Difficult words: vote (choose a party or a leader/boss of a country), going to be (in the future), political party (a group of people that work together to be the leaders of a country), peace (not war).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos