Italy Train Accident – level 1
There is a train accident in Italy. It happens in the morning. There are about 30 people on the train.
The train travels very fast. The first car on the train leaves the rails. It separates from the train. It hits a building. Two railway workers die. 27 people must go to hospital.
One day before the accident, there is some work on the railway. However, work on railways happens very often. Police do not know why the accident happens. They must investigate the accident.
Railway workers want to protest against the accident. They say that the situation is very serious and wrong.
Difficult words: rails (the tracks that a train travels along), railway (the system of tracks, train stations, and trains), investigate (to find out the facts and details of an event).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos