Jet Suit – level 3
A mountain ambulance service in England is testing an ’Iron Man’ jet suit for its paramedics.
The Great North Air Ambulance Service teamed up with the jet suit makers, Gravity Industries, and they are hoping to use the suit in the vast Lake District National Park to make it easier and faster to reach walkers in distress. Test pilot Richard Browning flew from the bottom of a valley to a simulated casualty site. While completing the journey on foot would have taken 25 minutes, Gravity Industries said that it took Browning just 90 seconds.
Browning launched the company in 2017, and he has flown over 100 flights across 30 countries since that time. He hopes that the collaboration will lead to the world’s first jet suit paramedic.
Difficult words: paramedic (a person whose job it is to give emergency medical care to people), distress (extreme anxiety and pain), casualty (a person who is injured or killed in an accident), collaboration (working together).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.