John Lemon – level 3
A Polish lemonade company branded as ‘John Lemon’ was sued by John Lennon’s widow, Yoko Ono, for copyright infringement.
Karol Camera, a John lemon supplier, said that Lennon and Lemon were two different names selling two different products. However, the company used the shape of the former singer’s iconic glasses along with his words ‘imagine’ or ‘let it be’. A wall painting of John Lennon used as an ad, where he was holding a lemon tree, was also photographed.
Instead of a lengthy legal battle, Mr Lemon decided to settle and change the brand name to ‘On Lemon’.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.