Karate Kick – level 1
A man steals in a shop. He wants to run away. The shop assistant shouts at the man. An 84-year old man sees this situation. He decides to stop the thief. He uses karate. He kicks the thief to the ground.
He is successful in stopping the thief. He also falls down. His wife is not happy. She comes to him. She tells him that what he did was dangerous. Luckily, the man is fine and police arrest the thief.
The only other negative thing for the man is the fact that his wife did not speak to him for four hours.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.