Kitten Is Saved – level 2
In Singapore, someone saw a kitten on a ledge of the 12th floor in an apartment block. The person there called rescuers.
It was not easy to save the kitten. It took several attempts to lift the kitten up. The rescuers used a pole with a loop on the end. Police officers were on the ground with a blanket in case the animal fell down.
Luckily, in the end, the little animal was saved.
Difficult words: ledge (a narrow horizontal surface on the wall), several (a few), attempt (a try), pole (a long piece of wood or metal), loop (a circular object used to pick things up).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos