Lake Titicaca is getting smaller – level 1
Lake Titicaca is the biggest lake in the Andes. It is in trouble.
Less rain and higher temperatures mean that the lake is drying up. Farmers have no water for their fields. Animals do not have enough water to drink. The lake is full of water for hundreds of years. But now, its dry parts are a problem. This hurts the wildlife. The lake is important for millions of people.
The weather is strange because of climate change. People cannot use boats. They walk on dry parts of the lake. If there is no water, people and animals do not have enough food and drink. Experts say that climate change is causing these problems. Unusual weather is becoming a normal thing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What would be the best way to address the situation of drying up of Lake Titicaca?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.